I’ve said it before and I will say it again, cats love their hoomans. I totally even read about this study which proved that a cat’s brain undergoes some kinda chemical change (a.k.a love) when they see their owners. Don’t ask me for a link to the study to verify my statements, because I can’t remember exactly where or when I read about it, only that I did. Trust me, everyone, it was a real study!!
Now there are plenty of articles going on about how cats show affection, you know purring, blinking, gifting, kneading etc… but how many articles out there use cat GIFS to illustrate exactly why your cat loves you?
I thought I’d like to give it a crack and guess why your cats love you so much. It’s a no brainer to love me of course, but what exactly are your cats thinking??
Nine Reasons Why Your Cat Possibly, Probably, Loves you
1. You are literally the hand that feeds them, and it’s a truth universally acknowledged that food is the way to Mr Snuffaluffagus’ heart
2. They think you might actually be a pillow. But don’t worry because they sure do love their pillows! (But honestly be careful, it’s a cat claw world out there).
3. Cats love you even more during winter because you know, warmth.
4. You provide them with endless play, even at 1am in the morning…
5. Hoomans give good cuddles and scratches and hugs and kisses
6. You become a mythical human statue when they sit on your lap. No moving until kitty moves, not even if you need to pee
7. You clean up their s*** every day and how can a cat not love you for that? Unless the dog gets in there first, and in that case, I suppose your cat will love your dog more, which is a good thing, trust me.
8. You give them plenty of attention. You legit even follow them around the house crying out kitty, kitty, come here! Kitty… COME. HERE. I LOVE YOU! Even if their real name is Snuffaluffagus the Third of his Name
9. They know that you love them. It’s like a psychic connection. When you look into their eyes, and they look into yours… you just know that there’s love there.